Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/06 11:16:34 UTC

Re: Having client send certificate to server for encryption without signing

Hi Dennis,
          If IncludeToken attribute is set to "AlwaysToRecipient"  and if it
is referred from the message, it is added to the security header as a binary
token. But in the case of encryption only scenario, the clients certificate
in not referred within the SOAP message so it is not attached to the
security header. I will go through the spec again to makesure that this is
the correct behavior.

regards,
Nandana

--
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
WSO2 inc.

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.org

Re: Having client send certificate to server for encryption without signing

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Nandana,

The wording of the specification would seem to indicate (at least by my
reading) that the token should be sent:

/5.1.1 Token Inclusion Values

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient

The token MUST be included in all messages sent from initiator to the
recipient. The token MUST NOT be included in messages sent from the
recipient to the initiator./

I don't see any references that say this only applies when the token is
considered necessary by the initiator. I don't know how other frameworks
interpret this, though, and the lack of good examples for WS-SP makes it
difficult to say for certain how this is supposed to work.

  - Dennis