Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Boyuan Zhang <bo...@google.com> on 2018/08/03 20:16:38 UTC

Apache Beam Python Wheels Repository

Hey all,

I'm Boyuan Zhang from Google Dataflow Team, currently helping Release
Manager(Pablo Estrada) with 2.6.0 release. Since Beam decided to release
python wheels since 2.5.0, we need to create a wrapper repository(sample
repo <https://github.com/boyuanzz/apache-beam-wheels>) under apache to
build and stage released python wheels for each release. Anyone can help to
create this repository?

Thanks for all your help! Happy Friday~

Boyuan Zhang

Re: Apache Beam Python Wheels Repository

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
+1

Travis for building the Python wheels looks fine to me. Many Apache
projects use Travis in addition to Jenkins. Apache is also invested in
Travis [1] to ensure the build capacity is sufficient. In any case, we
could migrate away from Travis if it doesn't work out as expected.

We don't have to file a ticket with JIRA to create a new repository.
There is now: https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/newrepo.html

Cheers,
Max

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_gains_additional_travis_ci