Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/21 19:06:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Public API and Pages' ACLs

Hi,

the public API is almost there, as only a couple of things are remaining:

- an SPI to obtain objects from the o.a.w.api.core package. As this will be
new code, it doesn't present too
much trouble. The main objective of this SPI would be to be able to provide
custom API implementations. The
scope for this will surely be 2.12

- Page ACLs: right now WikiPages has getAcl() / setAcl() methods, which use
a couple of objects from the
o.a.w.auth.acl package (Acl and AclEntry). Moving getAcl()/setAcl() to the
o.a.w.api.core means bring in this
two classes.

I've been looking at a handful of published custom extensions and making
use of Page ACLs does not seem
to be a main priority, so my question is, would it be ok to promote
directly the Acl/AclEntry objects to the
o.a.w.api.core package or would you expect to have some sort of backwards
compatibility? AIUI, pages ACLs
are orthogonal to extensions (plugins, filters page/attachment providers),
so direct promotion would be the
way to go for me.

thoughts?

best regards,
juan pablo

Re: [DISCUSS] Public API and Pages' ACLs

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

turned out that keeping backwards compatibility for ACLs wasn't a big deal,
so latest push adds ACLs to public
API while keeping backwards compatibility. Last thing remaining before
closing the public API is to add the SPI..

br,
juan pablo