Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Derrick Spell <de...@cdmplus.com> on 2005/02/21 20:35:30 UTC

SEGFAULT on Mac OS X 10.2

I've got a Mac OS X 10.2 server loaded with Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl
2.0rc4, Perl 5.8.6, Embperl 2.0rc2 - All installed fresh by hand (no
factory installations)
At rather irregular intervals my apache children will segfault during a
request.  The result for the user is browser specific - anything from a
blank screen on firefox, to a "Unable to make SSL connection to server"
on IE, to a "NSURLerrordomain: -1011" on Safari.  There doesn't seem to
be anything wrong with my pages.  In fact, when a page fails to load
you can hit refresh and it might come up just fine.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, or know of a possible
cause/solution.

Thanks,
-Derrick

Re: SEGFAULT on Mac OS X 10.2

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com>.
Are you using Apache::Reload?

I've found that I get similar issues when using that module when
developing under osx 10.3 and the same specs as you (although no
Embperl)-- turning off the module stops the irregular activity , as
does periodic apache restarts.

Re: SEGFAULT on Mac OS X 10.2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Am Montag, 21. Februar 2005 20:35 schrieb Derrick Spell:
> I've got a Mac OS X 10.2 server loaded with Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl
> 2.0rc4, Perl 5.8.6, Embperl 2.0rc2 - All installed fresh by hand (no
> factory installations)
> At rather irregular intervals my apache children will segfault during a
> request.  The result for the user is browser specific - anything from a
> blank screen on firefox, to a "Unable to make SSL connection to server"
> on IE, to a "NSURLerrordomain: -1011" on Safari.  There doesn't seem to
> be anything wrong with my pages.  In fact, when a page fails to load
> you can hit refresh and it might come up just fine.

Do you get these segfaults always at the same page (or same kind of pages) or
totaly randomly?

Gerald

Re: SEGFAULT on Mac OS X 10.2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.