Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 08:59:40 UTC

0.14 Trees

Hi,

With the bunch of patches submitted and issue tickets filed for 0.14, I'd
like to suggest keeping track of them here in the mailing list until the
separate trees are available next week.  Btw, as an update, Shane and I
talked about having 0.14_bugfix and 0.14.1 (for new features), just to
accommodate support for the 0.14 tag.

Cheers,
Nap

Re: 0.14 Trees

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09/04/2008, at 6:59 PM, Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> >
> > With the bunch of patches submitted and issue tickets filed for 0.14,
> > I'd
> > like to suggest keeping track of them here in the mailing list until the
> > separate trees are available next week.  Btw, as an update, Shane and I
> > talked about having 0.14_bugfix and 0.14.1 (for new features), just to
> > accommodate support for the 0.14 tag.
> >

> Is there a need for separation? Since 0.14 was never released, just
> maintaining a 0.14-SNAPSHOT branch should be sufficient for this?

It was brought up in our conversation already but according to Shane, 0.14
wasn't intended to be released.  So the 0.14 patches will just be applied
then the resulting tree will be made available only as tags. After that, he
strongly suggests to push development in trunk, porting any 0.14 stuff if
highly needed (e.g. VS support).

Re: 0.14 Trees

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 09/04/2008, at 6:59 PM, Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the bunch of patches submitted and issue tickets filed for
> 0.14, I'd
> like to suggest keeping track of them here in the mailing list until
> the
> separate trees are available next week.  Btw, as an update, Shane
> and I
> talked about having 0.14_bugfix and 0.14.1 (for new features), just to
> accommodate support for the 0.14 tag.

Is there a need for separation? Since 0.14 was never released, just
maintaining a 0.14-SNAPSHOT branch should be sufficient for this?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org