Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by matthiaw <mi...@web.de> on 2019/06/04 18:31:16 UTC

Change Prompt after executing a command

Is it possible to change the session variable "PROMPT" by a executed custom
command in a bundle?

For example:

karaf@root()> item:add Something
Created item with id 12345 and content "Hello World!"
karaf@root():item:12345>item:change content "42 rules"
Changed content of item with id 12345 to "42 rules"

Re: Change Prompt after executing a command

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Matthias,

You can register whatever you want in the session and check the session
content (like PROMPT_ORIGIN if you want).

Regards
JB

On 05/06/2019 19:32, matthiaw wrote:
> Thanks. This works. Is there a possibility to add a session-listener? When i
> am in a subshell and set the command "exit", then i need to set the new
> prompt, but there is no possibility. I only can "reset" the prompt with
> dynamic values, when i am excecution my own commands, but not the "default"
> ones.
>
> Or do i have to override the default ones, like "exit".

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Change Prompt after executing a command

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

you can change PROMPT property in the command Session.

The command has an access to Session, so you can do:

public class MyCommand implements Action {

@Reference
Session session;

public Object execute() {
  session.put(Session.PROMPT, "fooo");