Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Anjali Abraham <an...@aztec.soft.net> on 2005/09/28 08:55:20 UTC

How to use Localization through java in tapestry4

Hi All,
            I need help on how access my Message key values from my
.properties file in my java file and display those values in my drop down
box which is being implemented using PropertySelection.
I use Tapestry4beta4 version.
I think I Tapestry3, we have something like getMessage(Key) method, but that
is being deprecated in Tapestry4 and something like @Message annotation need
to be used.
So please someone can explain me what codes need to be added in my java file
as well as in my .page file.

Please respond with solution,
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Anjali

Re: How to use Localization through java in tapestry4

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@iq-2000.com>.
Thanks Howard.  After sending it I wondered if I had got the name right...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

@Message
public abstract String messageForKey();

@Message
public abstract String getMessageForKey();

On 9/28/05, Adam Greene <ag...@iq-2000.com> wrote:
> @InjectMessage(value="key")
> public abstract String getKeyValue();
>
> if you do this:
>
> @InjectMessage(value="key")
> public abstract String getKeyValue(String param1, int param2);
>
> it will use MessageFormat and the params as the replacement values.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: How to use Localization through java in tapestry4