Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by AS...@desknetinc.com on 2002/07/24 19:22:51 UTC

Internal Subset containing file references

Hello,

I have an xml document that I am parsing using the internal DOMParser class
in xerces-j 2.0.  I am doing this because I want to be able to set the
features (like ignore external DTD, etc).  However, the internal subset of
the document contains entity references which point to external files.  Is
there a way to tell the parser where to look for those files, or will it
always look for them in whatever directory the parser resides?

______________________________________
Aaron Scifres
Software Engineer
DeskNet, Inc.
66 Pearl St. Suite 300
Portland, ME 04101
(207) 772-1484 x16
http://www.desknetinc.com
DeskNetAPS - Harness the Power of Your Content

Re: Internal Subset containing file references

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
AScifres@desknetinc.com wrote:
> However, the internal subset of
> the document contains entity references which point to external files.  Is
> there a way to tell the parser where to look for those files,

Yes. You need to register your implementation of the EntityResolver [1]
with parser.

[1] http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.html
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto