Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by susan atmaja <su...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/24 10:41:30 UTC

FOPException:no protocol when executin driver.run()

Hi,

I'm currently using fop 0.20.3
I tried to run the sample file given (embedding FOP in servlet), however I
got an expection when driver.run() command is called.

Below is the sample program that I used.

Driver driver = new Driver(foFile, out);
driver.setLogger(log);
driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
driver.run();

The exception I got was FOPException, with the message: No protocol.

What is the cause of this exception? How to overcome this?
Please advise.

With Regards,
Susan

Re: FOPException:no protocol when executin driver.run()

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Volker Reichel@vrsoft.de wrote:
> If so you have to use URL syntax i.e.
> file://path_to_the_location_of_your_image_file.

For clarification: if your FO file is "C:\foo\bar.fo",
you should use "file:///C:/foo/bar.fo" as URL. Note the
triple slash.
If you want to use relative URLs, like "bar.foo", you
might want to set the baseDir for FOP, here is a hint:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101354604124258&w=2

Regards
J.Pietschmann

RE: FOPException:no protocol when executin driver.run()

Posted by "Volker Reichel@vrsoft.de" <vo...@VRSoft.de>.
Hi Susan,

what files did you try to run? Could it be that you are using images?
If so you have to use URL syntax i.e.
file://path_to_the_location_of_your_image_file.

Volker