Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jouhal, CJ" <cj...@half.com> on 2001/01/03 15:31:20 UTC

Newbie Question on Logic:Iterate Tag

Could someone please give me an example of struts logic iterate tag.
for example if I was to have a bean object called:
<jsp:useBean id="myObj" class="com.mycompany.TestObject"
  scope="request"/>

TIA,
CJ

RE: Newbie Question on Logic:Iterate Tag

Posted by Dennis <de...@iswsolutions.com>.
Um....*red-faced*  Nevermind.  It seems forgetting to identify the logic tag
library is a problem!

Thanks anyway,

Dennis

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
Basically, iterate will run through a collection object that you've
stored in one of the contexts (page, request, session, or application),
using a call like request.SetAttribute("myObj", myObj); You can then do
something like

<logic:iterate id="row" name="myObj">
<li><bean:write name="row" property="myProperty"/></li>
</logic:iterate>

in your JSP. (Assuming that myObj is an array, hashtable, et cetera.)

The Example application uses the iterate tag in registration.jsp.

For more about the Struts Example application, see
< http://husted.com/about/struts >

The "Stuts with a Fruit Glaze" also uses iterate in the
"fruitSales.jsp".