Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sonam Chauhan <so...@ce.com.au> on 2007/10/10 09:31:20 UTC

max. limit to __Random() ?

Hi - Just wanted to ask if there is a maximum limit to the 'max' value
in the JMeter __Random(min,max,reference) function?

My colleague wants to set max to a 10 digit value.

My concern is does __Random use Java primitives internally and are there
limits to the size?

Kind regards,

Sonam Chauhan

--

Corporate Express Australia Ltd.

Phone: +61-2-93350725, Email: sonam.chauhan@ce.com.au

Re: max. limit to __Random() ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It uses long variables and Math.random().

The code is here if you want to look:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/src/functions/org/apache/jmeter/functions/Random.java