Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> on 2017/05/30 18:18:46 UTC

[OT] Mailing list - useless message index

Dear All,

I've followed instructions to get mailing list index using specifically
crafted email address:

j-dev-index.1000_2000@xerces.apache.org

However, the result is useless:

j-dev Result of: index.1000_2000

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->

My goal is to reply to older thread (but not to create a new one). Some
mailing lists offer to reply directly from the archive. Some lists offer to
send the copy of older message so you can reply to it later from your
mailbox.

I'll create new thread as a workaround, but it would be nice to improve this
a bit for future use.

Thanks,

Jan

Posted by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz>.
On 2017-05-30 Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> I've followed instructions to get mailing list index using specifically
> crafted email address:
>
> j-dev-index.1000_2000@xerces.apache.org
>
> However, the result is useless:
>
> j-dev Result of: index.1000_2000
>
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <- subject index not available for message(s) ->
>
> My goal is to reply to older thread (but not to create a new one). Some
> mailing lists offer to reply directly from the archive. Some lists
> offer to send the copy of older message so you can reply to it later from
your
> mailbox.

Besides lists listed here http://xerces.apache.org/mail.html I also found a
different one:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?j-dev@xerces.apache.org

This one offers to reply to older thread, but in my case it created a
separate thread anyway :-(

Jan