Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 13:48:57 UTC

how to use maven to manager a existing project

Hi:
I like maven now, and I want to use maven to manager our existing project
include pure java project and web project.
So I wonder what to do ? I have no idea about where to start my job.
For example a java project, it own a source fold named src, I wonder I need
to change it to src/main/java?
And after modify the path, do I need run mvn eclipse:eclipse to rebuild the
.classpath and .project file?

Re: how to use maven to manager a existing project

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> So I wonder what to do ? I have no idea about where to start my job.
> For example a java project, it own a source fold named src, I wonder I need
> to change it to src/main/java?

What happened when you tried this? Just do it.

> And after modify the path, do I need run mvn eclipse:eclipse to rebuild the
> .classpath and .project file?

And what happened when you tried this? If you run into errors, that's
one thing, but there's no reason to not at least TRY this stuff
yourself before asking for hand-holding.

Wayne