Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jorge Schrauwen <in...@blackdot.be> on 2006/01/11 13:46:05 UTC

Windows x64 binaries

There aren't any x64 binaries yet...
I'de be willing to create them if needed.
But what is nececary for the msi installer?

~ Jorge

Re: Windows x64 binaries

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> There aren't any x64 binaries yet...

Nope, although both you and I and a few others have experimented with
building these.

> I'de be willing to create them if needed.
> But what is nececary for the msi installer?

The current installer is written in InstallShield 10 (readable in later
versions of InstallShield).  There is a repository for the installers,
and I need to check in all of the revisions for the 2.2 flavor.  See

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/win32-msi/trunk/

But your stated question; 'what is necessary' is well beyond my current
knowledge of the msi packaging.  I've only recently started to determine
how to install one of libapr-1.dll compiled for any win32 v.s. libapr-1.dll
compiled specifically for winnt flavor OS's (saving a ton of simple 'Is OS
version NT?' and 'Is FS Unicode?' redundant tests.)  There's obviously alot
more magic to determine x686 vs x586.

Bill