Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/11/09 03:43:43 UTC

Building source, missing Tiles snapshot stuff?

I'm setting up a clean build environment to get rid of some wierd ghosts in
my environment, and just checked out a fresh set of Shale sources (and a
clean Maven2 repository).  When I get to the shale-tiles build, I get the
following error:

    Project ID:  null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT

    Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.struts.tiles:tiles-parent for
project: null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT

Did the date-stamped parent POM get deployed to the snapshot repository?

Craig

Re: Building source, missing Tiles snapshot stuff?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/8/06, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm setting up a clean build environment to get rid of some wierd ghosts in
> my environment, and just checked out a fresh set of Shale sources (and a
> clean Maven2 repository).  When I get to the shale-tiles build, I get the
> following error:
>
>     Project ID:  null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT
>
>     Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.struts.tiles:tiles-parent for
> project: null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT
>
> Did the date-stamped parent POM get deployed to the snapshot repository?

<snip/>

Yes, its here [1]. Indeed, m2 grabs the timestamped snap for me [2]
(parent pom and all).

The null groupId you're seeing is odd.

-Rahul

[1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/tiles/tiles-core/2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT/

[2] (relevant bits from the build output)
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Shale Tiles Integration
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.struts.tiles:tiles-core:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from apache.snapshots
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/tiles/tiles-core/2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT/tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.pom
3K downloaded
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.struts.tiles:tiles-parent:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from apache.snapshots
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/tiles/tiles-parent/2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT/tiles-parent-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.pom
6K downloaded
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/tiles/tiles-core/2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT/tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar
129K downloaded
[INFO] [compiler:compile]

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> On 11/8/06, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I'm setting up a clean build environment to get rid of some wierd ghosts
> in
> > my environment, and just checked out a fresh set of Shale sources (and a
> > clean Maven2 repository).  When I get to the shale-tiles build, I get
> the
> > following error:
> >
> >     Project ID:  null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT
> >
> >     Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.struts.tiles:tiles-parent for
> > project: null:tiles-core:jar:2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > Did the date-stamped parent POM get deployed to the snapshot repository?
>
> I don't know why it's happening, but try " mvn install -U " which worked
> for me.
>
> Just above that error, did it say anything about a bad checksum?

Scrolled back, and indeed it did.  But, even stranger, I just tried it again
and it finally worked.  Very strange.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.