Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ryan Lubke <Ry...@Sun.COM> on 2002/09/02 22:58:01 UTC

[Latka] Maven build issue

It would seem that the HttpClient in the current jar download list is
out of date.  Latka has evolved to take advantage of some methods added
to the PostMethod that do not exist in the HttpClient JAR that Maven
will download.

What is the process to update the download the repository?

Anyone have pointers on this?

-rl

Re: [Latka] Maven build issue

Posted by Ryan Lubke <Ry...@Sun.COM>.
Hi dIon,

Great!  I'm sure this information will be of benefit.

Thanks for looking into it.

-rl

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 01:01, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> I'm attempting to get the new HttpClient jar into ibiblio ASAP. Will let
> you know when this is done.
>
> I'll also document the way to communicate to the Maven team when
> requesting this sort of thing.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> Developers: http://adslgateway.multitask.com.au/developers
>

> Ryan Lubke <Ry...@Sun.COM> wrote on 03/09/2002 06:58:01 AM:
>
> > It would seem that the HttpClient in the current jar download list is
> > out of date.  Latka has evolved to take advantage of some methods added
> > to the PostMethod that do not exist in the HttpClient JAR that Maven
> > will download.
> >
> > What is the process to update the download the repository?
> >
> > Anyone have pointers on this?
> >
> > -rl
> >

> > --
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [Latka] Maven build issue

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

Re: [Latka] Maven build issue

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 02:47, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> I belive that Jason van Zyl is one of the few people with an account on
> ibiblio...

There are about 8 people now. Posting on the maven dev list will get the
JAR up there pretty quickly.

> I'll see if I can get Jason to upload a jar I create.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> Developers: http://adslgateway.multitask.com.au/developers
>

> Ryan Lubke <Ry...@Sun.COM> wrote on 03/09/2002 06:58:01 AM:
>
> > It would seem that the HttpClient in the current jar download list is
> > out of date.  Latka has evolved to take advantage of some methods added
> > to the PostMethod that do not exist in the HttpClient JAR that Maven
> > will download.
> >
> > What is the process to update the download the repository?
> >
> > Anyone have pointers on this?
> >
> > -rl
> >

> > --
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: [Latka] Maven build issue

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
I belive that Jason van Zyl is one of the few people with an account on
ibiblio...

I'll see if I can get Jason to upload a jar I create.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Ryan Lubke <Ry...@Sun.COM> wrote on 03/09/2002 06:58:01 AM:

> It would seem that the HttpClient in the current jar download list is
> out of date.  Latka has evolved to take advantage of some methods added
> to the PostMethod that do not exist in the HttpClient JAR that Maven
> will download.
>
> What is the process to update the download the repository?
>
> Anyone have pointers on this?
>
> -rl

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [Latka] Maven build issue

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
FYI, the process is:

To update the maven repository, please send an email to
turbine-maven-users@jakarta.apache.org with a clear subject.

In the body of the email, let us know what the jar file is, which project
it belongs to and which version it's at.

I've uploaded a commons-httpclient SNAPSHOT for Latka, as I now have
access :)