Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bosco So <bo...@despammed.com> on 2003/07/09 22:57:31 UTC

adding lots of users

Is there a quick way to add lots of users to a James installation? I
want to import about 5K users, but that number may go up to 100K. Will
it help to change the user repositories from file-based to
relational-based? Will I need to increase my memory size?

FWIW, I installed the latest binary release without trouble on:

    * RedHat Linux 8.0 on an Intel P4
    * Sun's J2SDK 1.4.2

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
BOSCO SO				www.groundspring.org

Senior Software Engineer, Groundspring.org (formerly
eGrants.org). Growing nonprofits with Internet tools
and training.

  DonateNow:  accept credit card donations through your website
   EmailNow:  send eNewsletters and communicate with supporters
      ebase:  manage your stakeholder relationships

P.O. Box 29256, San Francisco, CA 94129-0256
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New mailing list manager (test build)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Latest test build - v2.2.0a8. Did the Modular Mailing List Manager
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesV2/Plans) make
> it into this build?

Yes.  It hasn't had much testing, but it is present.

	--- Noel

Re: which build [was: adding lots of users]

Posted by Bosco So <bo...@despammed.com>.

RE: adding lots of users

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Off-hand, I would say that you want to use the JDBC repository, and you want
to write a script that creates a SQL file that you can import directly.  To
compute the encoded password, the digest utility can run standalone.  Kenny
Smith recently posted some code upon which you could base your script.