Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/21 09:47:27 UTC

Custom Network offering with SG specifications

Hey everyone,

ACS 4.17.2 + XCP 8.2.1
I created a custom Network offering with SG based on the default one minus
DNS service.

After comparing the entries in the db I noticed they are not the same.

|  7 | DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService |
98bbf28f-3900-4efd-bbc2-458882fe56bb |
DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService | Offering for Shared Security
group enabled networks |    NULL |    NULL | Guest        | NULL |
  0 |            1 |                NULL |             1 | 2022-12-20
08:34:32 | NULL    |       1 | Optional     |                    1 |
                  0 |        0 |                        0 | Enabled |
Shared     |                  0 |                       1 |
 0 |                 1 |      0 |             0 |           0 |         0 |
                    0 |                   NULL |                  0 |
             0 |                      0 |       0 | NULL               |
| 24 | test Network Offering with SG             |
12f60f20-7550-4bff-ad6c-f018d3b226a0 | RnD Network Offering with SG
     | RnD Network Offering with SG                        |    NULL |
 10 | Guest        | NULL |           0 |            1 |
 NULL |             1 | 2022-12-21 09:24:54 | NULL    |       0 | Optional
    |                    0 |                         0 |        0 |
               0 | Enabled | Shared     |                  0 |
          0 |                  0 |                 1 |      0 |
0 |           0 |         0 |                     0 |
NULL |                  0 |                    0 |                      0 |
      0 | NULL               |

The following differences were noted between the default group and the
custom group.
mc_rate - default: NULL, custom: 10
dedicated_lb_service - default: true, custom: false
default - default: true, custom: false

What those checks do and how they can be tweaked during creation (i dont
see any api arguments) and how do they affect the offering? 'Default' is
the only one explained in the API documentation but very vaguely. What is
it default for?

Regards,
Jordan