Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Daniel Katz <dk...@profitlogic.com> on 2001/11/05 23:24:00 UTC

How do I produce a static Xerces library on Linux?

Hi.

I have a project which is using Xerces-C++, and I'd like to statically
link everything for profiling purposes (the GNU profiling tools which
I am using do not play well with shared libraries).  The only problem
is that on my platform (g++ version 3.0, Linux 2.4) the Xerces build
scripts automatically produce only the shared (.so) library and not
the static (.a) one.  Is there a good way to produce a static version
of this library on Linux, or do I need to hack the src/Makefile.incl
myself?

I apologize if this is a FAQ -- I did look on the Xerces website and
on usenet, but did not find anything useful on this topic.

Dan