Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/07/16 00:23:46 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

Hi again,

As promised, I've staged the first release candidate for Maven 2.0.10 here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC1/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC1/

The issues resolved for this release (so far) are here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleName=Html&version=14112

If you look at the Road Map view in JIRA, you'll notice that MNG-3639 is
still open. This is because one of the possible solutions to this issue
- and the only one that the Maven project really has control over -
depends on re-releasing a new version of commons-build-plugin that will
depend on the eventual 2.0.10 version of maven-script-ant.

Please, try out this release candidate and let me know what's broken!
Once things stabilize, I'll kick it out to the users to have a go, then
if it's still stable after that (or, whatever RC we find is stable at
that point), I'll call a vote to release. At that point, I'll run a new
build to generate artifacts without the RC# suffix in the version.

Thanks!

-john

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
couldn't agree more. I think we'll do fine with a date filter if we
really want to know how many things broke after the first RC was cut.
I've fixed two issues since then, and we're waiting to see what happens
with the shade plugin to fix a third...not a huge list to justify a
whole new version in JIRA.

IMO the overhead involved in juggling all those versions isn't worth it.

-john

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Le Berrigaud <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
if you want to have both you surely could.

Why not adding the 2.0.10 RC1 version to Jira and any issue that is
found in the RC1 would have its affected version field set to 2.0.10
RC1 and the fix for to 2.0.10. That you get the nice release notes and
the metrics of what was found in the RC.

What do you think?

SaM

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> Fair enough, I was just trying to get some metrics around what surfaces
> after we call the RC, but we could probably do that if we noted the date as
> a filter.
>
> On 16-Jul-08, at 10:34 AM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
>
>> I would just continue to use 2.0.10, that way the release notes at the
>> end are complete and under a single version.

Samuel Le Berrigaud

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Fair enough, I was just trying to get some metrics around what
surfaces after we call the RC, but we could probably do that if we
noted the date as a filter.

On 16-Jul-08, at 10:34 AM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> I would just continue to use 2.0.10, that way the release notes at the
> end are complete and under a single version.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

RE: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I'll set that up now.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Hang on a second though; since we're attempting to release 2.0.10, why
not file the issues under there?

I think I'd rather see that happen, since then the final release notes
for 2.0.10 will incorporate any issues we find along the way.

-john

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Previously in wagon, the "transferError" event was used haphazardly
(ie, not for all errors, inconsistently across providers, etc). It's
use is now uniform.

However, it is firing for all exceptions (including not found and
authorization failures). On second thought that is probably not the
expected behaviour so I'll file that in Wagon.

However, the printStackTrace() in the download monitor in maven-core
is probably erroneous - all those exceptions are still thrown by Wagon
and *should* be handled/logged by Maven if appropriate. I think that
line could go.

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
This is fixed. I'm formalizing things and adding an integration test now.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Found it and fixed it. Thanks for testing!

Posted by Henrique Prange <hp...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,