Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jo Rhett <jr...@netconsonance.com> on 2014/10/29 19:05:25 UTC

heads up -- Microsoft's Office365 cloud mail service is PINK

I’ve been reporting a flood of new spammers operating out of Office365 to them. These are well known spam domains which have moved to Office365. MX and outbound mailers net handle records point to abuse@microsoft.com.

OrgAbuseHandle: MAC74-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Microsoft Abuse Contact
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-425-882-8080
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@microsoft.com
OrgAbuseRef:    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/MAC74-ARIN

They are refusing to take action, saying they don’t control the domains - which MX to office365 and deliver their spam from Office365 outbound mail servers. They are saying things like this back:

> We recommend that you send your report to the postmaster at the domain that is listed in the message header.  For example, if the message came from user@xyz.com, forward the complete message to postmaster@xyz.com or abuse@xyz.com.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Patrick
> Online Safety Team

I’m blocking 64.4.0.0/18 on all MX targets now, aren’t you?

--
Jo Rhett
+1 (415) 999-1798