Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Tanguy <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/10 11:04:29 UTC

Plugin Idea: Index configuration at runtime?

Hi all,

I'd like to contribute to Apache Solr with a small plugin, but I'd like to
have your opinion first.

In my project, the user wants to configure the indexs on web app side, not
in solrconfig.xml. For example, the user can select an "Ignore case" option
for the index "myindex". This way, at indexing or querying time, a Lowercase
filter must be applied.

My idea was to developp a SolrPlugin that will use configurations keys sent
at runtime with the string to index or query. Based on the configurations
keys, the plugin will apply the good tokenizer/filters:

{lowercase=true,stopwords={this,the,to,is}}This is the string to index!

At index or query time, the solrplugin will apply the filters, the string
becomes "string index"

What do you think about such a plugin?

Thanks,
Tanguy