Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2006/05/09 22:28:53 UTC

Why can't continuum find my local m2 repositories?

When I setup my internal m2 repositories I followed the advice of an
online m2 review which suggested it is best to have the following
internal repositories.

internal

internal_snapshots

external_free

external_non_free

Not knowing any better, I followed this advice.  For all of our
developed artifacts we deploy to internal & internal_snapshots as this
is specified in the distributionManagement section of each artifact's
pom file.  When we have to deploy external artifacts because they are
not found on ibibilo I deploy to external_free & external_non_free as is
appropriate on the command line.

I seem to be able to build from the maven command line okay but when I
build the same project (artifact) in continuum it says it can't find
artifacts that I put in external_free (probably external_non_free also).
Now this sort of makes sense because how is it supposed to know about
these repositories?  Maven knows because I have them specified in the
servers section of its settings.xml file.  Does continuum know about
this file?  If not, all it would know are the repositories in the
distributionManagement section of the pom; and these don't know about
the external repositories.

What is the right way to do this?  Should I combine internal & external?
How does continuum know where to look for repositories besides ibibilo?

-dh

Re: Why can't continuum find my local m2 repositories?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Well depend of where continuum is running. Continuum uses the
$M2_HOME$/conf/settings.xml file (or the user's one if there is one).