Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2010/03/28 13:01:11 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1 release

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
4.1-beta1. The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1 release

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

Paul

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:

>>> 4.1-beta1.

>>> HttpComponents

>>> votes

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-beta1

>>>  Huh? Why is that?
>>>
>>>  (1) We only need to vote on release packages. In fact only the source
>>> packages represent an official release. Maven artifacts are merely
>>> byproducts. Even binary packages could be considered byproducts.
>>
>> Maven artifacts are released, and they do include source (the pom if
>> nothing else).
>> It's important to ensure that the appropriate N&L files are included.
>>
>> I think that means that they need to be reviewed.
>>

> Sure. Just build them from source package.
>
> Oleg

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
> > On 28/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
> 4.1-beta1.
> > > The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents
> > > PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1
> votes
> > > are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
> > >
> > >  Packages:
> > >  http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/
> > >

> > I assume the tag is:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-beta1
> >
> > but where are the Maven artifacts?
> > We need to vote on those too (unless no Maven release is planned).
> >

>  Huh? Why is that?
>
>  (1) We only need to vote on release packages. In fact only the source
> packages represent an official release. Maven artifacts are merely
> byproducts. Even binary packages could be considered byproducts.

Maven artifacts are released, and they do include source (the pom if
nothing else).
It's important to ensure that the appropriate N&L files are included.

I think that means that they need to be reviewed.

>  (2) Since the very first day of this project we have never voted on Maven
> artifacts. If you think this needs to be changed, an open discussion prior
> to the release would have been nice.

Sorry, but I only just thought of it.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1 release
>  [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1.
>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1 release

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me, +1

   ...ant

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.