Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by paolo <pa...@lumetel.it> on 2002/06/14 12:02:37 UTC

I can't startup tomcat 4.0.3 with security option

I' ve installed tomcat 4.0.3 on Linux 7.2 and I try to start with security
option but It doesn't work:
the error message is:
Catalina.start: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml read)

server.xml is tomcat4.tomcat4 for owner and group and permission 640.

to startup I do the following steps:
1. I've not changed the catalina.policy
2. I modified the /etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat4 and I have added -security at
the startup line.

P.S.
The previous version 4.0.1 with the same steps, startup up correctly in
security mode.