Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 22:30:45 UTC

[Android] Can rename DroidGap to CordovaActivity?

Hey

I think it's a secret to no one that I despise the DroidGap class and
that I would like to see it refactored into non-existance.  However,
given the fact that we don't have the time for that right now, can we
at least rename it to CordovaActivity and create an empty DroidGap
class derived from it for backwards compatibility reasons?

Do we think that this is doable by the time 3.0 is out?

Joe

Re: [Android] Can rename DroidGap to CordovaActivity?

Posted by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com>.
Should this also update the TAG value for logs?
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/52

--
Gorkem
http://www.gorkem-ercan.com

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ally Ogilvie <ao...@wizcorp.jp>.
+1 CordovaActivity.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
SGTM2

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
The JIRA issue already exists: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2657

I believe that the 3.0 branch already had this, so I want to throw
this in 2.8 so we don't lose any improvements to DroidGap that we may
be making.

That being said, this doesn't fix the issue of it being a kitchen sink
as much as making people feel bad about putting so much crap in an
activity when they should know better. :P

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
SGTM