Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Gunther Hagleitner <gu...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 05:07:45 UTC

Build failure on trunk

The builds are failing right now on trunk after I committed a change that
requires new/updated calcite libs. (Sorry about that).

Is it possible for someone to wipe the .m2 cache on the build machine, so
it would download a new version with the changes?

Thank you,
Gunther.

Re: Build failure on trunk

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
I think it got stuck behind the daily hadoop-1 build.  Those are failing
and taking a long time (some groups of Minimr tests take over an hour).

Re: Build failure on trunk

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.

<pj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Unit test run for HIVE-8454 spent 2hr 48mins but finally it says “no tests executed”.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-8454?focusedCommentId=14183509&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14183509
> http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build/1444/
> Anyone know why?
> - Prasanth
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Gunther Hagleitner
> <gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Xuefu - I appreciate it!
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>> You can add CLEAR LIBRARY CACHE in the description for any JIRA, which will
>>> clear local maven repo. I added it to HIVE-6165.

>>> that

>>> so

>>> that
>>> immediately
>>> >

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Build failure on trunk

Posted by Chao Sun <ch...@cloudera.com>.
Maybe it's because the patch didn't apply?

2014-10-24 17:14:50,934  INFO
LocalCommand$CollectLogPolicy.handleOutput:69 The patch does not
appear to apply with p0, p1, or p2
2014-10-24 17:14:50,938  INFO
LocalCommand$CollectLogPolicy.handleOutput:69 + exit 1
2014-10-24 17:14:50,939 ERROR PTest.run:175 Test run exited with an
unexpected error
org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ssh.NonZeroExitCodeException: Command
'bash /data/hive-ptest/working/scratch/source-prep.sh' failed with
exit status 1 and output '+ [[ -n /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45-cloudera ]]

Re: Build failure on trunk

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.

<gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks Xuefu - I appreciate it!
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> You can add CLEAR LIBRARY CACHE in the description for any JIRA, which will
>> clear local maven repo. I added it to HIVE-6165.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Gunther Hagleitner <
>> ghagleitner@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Builds are running again (reverted patch). I've re-uploaded the patches
>> > that had a failed run because of it.
>> >
>> > Sorry about that...
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Gunther.

>> that

>> so

>> > --
>> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> > NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
>> > which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
>> > privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
>> > of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that
>> > any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
>> > forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
>> > received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>> immediately
>> > and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Build failure on trunk

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Xuefu - I appreciate it!

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> You can add CLEAR LIBRARY CACHE in the description for any JIRA, which will
> clear local maven repo. I added it to HIVE-6165.
>
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Gunther Hagleitner <
> ghagleitner@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Builds are running again (reverted patch). I've re-uploaded the patches
> > that had a failed run because of it.
> >
> > Sorry about that...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gunther.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Gunther Hagleitner <
> > gunther.hagleitner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The builds are failing right now on trunk after I committed a change
> that
> > > requires new/updated calcite libs. (Sorry about that).
> > >
> > > Is it possible for someone to wipe the .m2 cache on the build machine,
> so
> > > it would download a new version with the changes?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Gunther.
> > >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE