Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/01/05 07:07:26 UTC

Re: Proposal for new introductory page of Cocoon documentation

On Dec 19, 2004 H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
> I think the most relevant page is the first (home page). Your link
> suggestions are also a good idea, maybe to group them together under "Futher
> reading"

Hi Helma, i had another look at your proposal. Yes, i see
what you mean, the main home page at cocoon.apache.org/ is best.
The content from cocoon.apache.org/2.1/index.html could be merged
too (there are some good words there). That 2.1/index.html should
then become very minimal, only talking about that particular version.

I think that there are too many headings and sub-headings in your
proposal. This will force a long Table of Contents at the top of
the page, i.e. a waste of space on the home page.

Where do you want to go next? Do you want to send a patch for
the home page? If you don't want to mess with the xml at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml
then just send the content as a text file.

> I'd also like to suggest that the main part of the documentation deals with
> Cocoon 2.1.X ...

I do not understand what you mean.

--David