Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 09:49:44 UTC

How dependent is CXF with Spring?

Hi all,

I'm a n00b with CXF. But from what I can see from the examples, it
sounds like CXF is tightly coupled with Spring. Hopefully I'm wrong
with this. Generally I don't really like Spring. Is it possible to
decouple Spring from CXF and still be able to use CXF?

Thanks in advance

--
Let's create a highly maintainable and efficient code

YM!: thejavafreak
Blog: http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/joshua/

Re: How dependent is CXF with Spring?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Joshua,

I believe you can use cxf without spring, at least without being aware
of using spring(By default,  we ship spring bean configuration file with
cxf module and used when init bus, you are no need to write any spring
bean definition).
And all spring based configuration can be replaced with api directory
(Other guys, if I am wrong  please correct me).
Generally speaking, you can use cxf without writing your own spring bean
definition.
Best Regards

Freeman

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi,

You definitely can run CXF without Spring. We have two types of
BusFactory to create bus which will wire the CXF runtime components:
 One is SpringBusFactory which is tightly coupled with Spring,  the
other is CXFBusFactory which has nothing related with Spring.

You can remove Spring related jars from CXF lib to run the sample.
Please make sure the bus is create by CXFBusFactroy if you do not want
to use Spring in CXF.

Cheers,
Willem.