Posted to users@directory.apache.org by brock samson <br...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/14 08:47:49 UTC

supporting multiple ports and protocols in embedded ADS2

i have an embedded ads2, which i have recently configured to support ldap, ldaps, and tls, yet not at the same time. a typical ads2 can support an ldap port, an ldaps port and tls over the ldap port. but is there a way to configure an embedded ads2 to do the same? for instance, i can support ldaps by setting TcpTransport.setEnableSSL() to true, and support tls by adding StartTlsHandler to my LdapServer instance. but what i cannot figure out is how to specify both ldap/tls and ldaps ports. the only way i know how to set a port is by using TcpTransport.setPort(), but that is only for a single port. how do i specify multiple ports?

Re: supporting multiple ports and protocols in embedded ADS2

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
You have to create a second TcpTransport for SSL and attach it to the
ldapServer instance.

Le samedi 14 mars 2015, brock samson <br...@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> i have an embedded ads2, which i have recently configured to support ldap,
> ldaps, and tls, yet not at the same time. a typical ads2 can support an
> ldap port, an ldaps port and tls over the ldap port. but is there a way to
> configure an embedded ads2 to do the same? for instance, i can support
> ldaps by setting TcpTransport.setEnableSSL() to true, and support tls by
> adding StartTlsHandler to my LdapServer instance. but what i cannot figure
> out is how to specify both ldap/tls and ldaps ports. the only way i know
> how to set a port is by using TcpTransport.setPort(), but that is only for
> a single port. how do i specify multiple ports?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com