Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2013/06/19 16:50:09 UTC

Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Hi,

Why aren't we talking about this anymore? We are at most 2 bug fixes
and one test (FLEX-33547) away from being "zarro boogs". Mustella is
running cleanly on both Mac and Windows (Alex's machine and the VM)
and the Installer should be at or near a new release as well (Om?).

We should really start to get things together and work toward a
release sooner rather than later...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/20/13 1:55 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>> Air 3.8/FP 11.8 should be released soon so we should start thinking
>>about testing on that.
>
>I know testing various FP versions is a matter of changing out one
>.exe path for another in FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER... right?
Yes

>How does one go about testing various Air versions? Download multiple
>AIR SDKs and point AIR_HOME to the 'relevant' one?
Yes

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Re: Path issues with Linux

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

And while it would be nice to get all the test to pass I think having them compile and the obvious path issues fixed is probably good enough for an initial release.

There still one or open build questions as well eg What do we do about the Pixel Blender files?

Hopefully someone with more recent Linux experience (last time I used it full time was when 16Mb of memory cost more than $1000) can help out.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Path issues with Linux

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Here's my rough notes from the other week.

Application 1 error -  height different in one test
collections 0 errors
CompiletimeLocalization - fails to compile
components - fails to compile
containers - JPG path/case issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 2440
     [java]     Fails: 138
     [java] =====================================================

containers/Accordian
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 302
     [java]     Fails: 32
     [java] =====================================================
containers/ApplicaipnControlBar - 0 errors
containers/Box - 0 errors
containers/Canvas - heights off by 0.5 pixels
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 208
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
containers/ControlBar - 0 errors
containers/DividedBox - path issue???
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 47
     [java]     Fails: 4
     [java] =====================================================
containers/form - 0 errors
containers/FormHeading - file path issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 6
     [java]     Fails: 3
     [java] =====================================================
containers/FormItem
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 82
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
containers/Grid - 0 errors
containers/H_V_Box - bitmap compare fails
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 6
     [java]     Fails: 7
     [java] =====================================================
containers/Panel - path and other issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 423
     [java]     Fails: 36
     [java] =====================================================
containers/tabnavigator - mostly bitmap compare fails
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 242
     [java]     Fails: 32
     [java] =====================================================
containers/tile - 1 test fails
containers/TitleWindow
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 64
     [java]     Fails: 19
     [java] =====================================================
containers/ViewStack
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 21
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
DownloadProgressBar 0 errors
Embed  0 errors
experimental 0 errors
formatters 0 errors
Graphics 0 errors
GraphicsTags 1 error
gumbo - fails to compile
itemRenders - passible JPG path/case issue a few broken images
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 292
     [java]     Fails: 18
     [java] =====================================================
LangPacks - does this run in OSX/Windows?
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 2823
     [java]     Fails: 1018
     [java] =====================================================
listDatEffect - 0 errors
Managers - fails to compile path issue
MarshelPlan - fails to compile
Mirroring
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 13
     [java]     Fails: 2
     [java] =====================================================
Modules - height different in one test
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 172
     [java]     Fails: 1
     [java] =====================================================
mx/binding - 0 erorrs
mx/collections - 0 errors
mx/controls - 0 errors
mx/effects - compile fails path issue
mx/graphics
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 40
     [java]     Fails: 17
     [java] =====================================================
mx/states - 0 errors
mx/styles - 0 errors
mx/utils - path issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 15
     [java]     Fails: 4
     [java] =====================================================
PerModuelStles - fails to compile path issue
Printing - fails to compile
resources - fails to compile
rpc - 0 errors
RunTimeLocilization - fails to compile path issues
SkinningImprovments - fails to compile
SkinStats - fails to compile path issues
spark/collections - fails to compiel path issues
spark/components - fails
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 533
     [java]     Fails: 173
     [java] =====================================================
spark/core - RTE
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 53
     [java]     Fails: 4
     [java] =====================================================
spark/effects
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 1251
     [java]     Fails: 35
     [java] =====================================================
spark/filters - 0 errors
spark/formatters - fails to compile path issue
spark/globalization
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 668
     [java]     Fails: 11
     [java] =====================================================
spark/primitive - path issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 137
     [java]     Fails: 48
     [java] =====================================================
spark/styles - 0 errors
spark/thermo - 0 errors
spark/validators - compile fails path issue
SparkModules - TODO
States - path issues
     [java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 567
     [java]     Fails: 1
     [java] =====================================================
Validators - 0 errors

Justin

Justin

Path issues with Linux

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> I don't have access to, nor knowledge off, a Linux distro, but if you
> have "boring" copy-paste stuff to fix for those path issues I'll be
> glad to help...
Bit more involved than that. In some cases it just files names with wrong case so it doesn't compile, in others it run time loaded assets. Some are obvious .GIF vs .gif, other are more subtle I vs i in class names etc.

It's fairly easy to set up a Ubuntu VM and that's what I've been playing about with.

> What is the timeframe for those .8 releases?

No idea - there been 3 or 4 betas so it should be shortly. I have updated the SDK to work with the beta.

Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> How come Mac file system isn't case sensitive like Linux?  Is there a way
> to make it case-sensitive so we can flush out these issues?
Not sure - think it's a file system option and you have to reformat a partition to turn it on.

> I tried putting a Linux distro in my VMWare.
Ubuntu worked out of the box on Parallels for me.

Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
How come Mac file system isn't case sensitive like Linux?  Is there a way
to make it case-sensitive so we can flush out these issues?

I tried putting a Linux distro in my VMWare.  It looked like it was going
to work then it croaked.  I'll try again someday.

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Flex 4.10.0 release?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why aren't we talking about this anymore? We are at most 2 bug fixes
> and one test (FLEX-33547) away from being "zarro boogs". Mustella is
> running cleanly on both Mac and Windows (Alex's machine and the VM)
> and the Installer should be at or near a new release as well (Om?).

I need to spend some time on getting the UI for the nightly build selection
done.  Other than that, the Installer is good to go.  I am a bit slammed at
work.  I will try to get all this done within the next week or so.

> We should really start to get things together and work toward a
> release sooner rather than later...

Agree that sooner is better than later :-)