Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de> on 2010/04/05 02:40:20 UTC

minor bug?

Hi!

In org/apache/*ivy*/util/url/AbstractURLHandler.java
the method normalizeToString will fail in situations where urls have _

E.g. try with http://peat_hal.users.sourceforge.net/m2repository/
and you will get  Illegal character in hostname at index 11

How can I nevertheless use that repository with the underscore?
Renaming this awkward username is a bit complicated ...

Regards,
Peter.

--
Free your timetabling!
http://timefinder.sourceforge.net/

Re: minor bug?

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I'll take a look at it.
The reason we don't use the URL#toURI() method is that Ivy is JDK 1.4 compatible atm.

Maarten

URI uri = new URI(url.getProtocol(), url.getUserInfo(), url.getHost(),
                     url.getPort(), url.getPath(), url.getQuery(), url.getRef());

Re: minor bug?

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Maarten,

thank you for this fix! It works after building the project from svn trunk.
BTW the wiki doc at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/wiki.html points into the
nirvana ...

Regards,
Peter.