Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Luis Pigueiras <lu...@cern.ch> on 2015/10/07 11:22:07 UTC

Problem with tutorial and SQL queries

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Zeppelin taken directly from Github and
I am having some problems with the SQL queries in the example notebook.

The full stacktrace is:

org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterException:
     at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkSqlInterpreter.interpret(SparkSqlInterpreter.java:139)
     at
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.ClassloaderInterpreter.interpret(ClassloaderInterpreter.java:57)
     at
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:93)
     at
     at
     at
org.apache.zeppelin.spark.SparkSqlInterpreter.interpret(SparkSqlInterpreter.java:136)
     ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException:
Unsupported language features in query: select age, count(1) value
from bank
where age < 35
group by age
order by age
TOK_QUERY 2, 0,38, 5
   TOK_FROM 2, 13,15, 5
     TOK_TABREF 2, 15,15, 5
       TOK_TABNAME 2, 15,15, 5
         bank 2, 15,15, 5
   TOK_INSERT 0, -1,38, 0
     TOK_DESTINATION 0, -1,-1, 0
       TOK_DIR 0, -1,-1, 0
         TOK_TMP_FILE 0, -1,-1, 0
     TOK_SELECT 1, 0,10, 7
       TOK_SELEXPR 1, 2,2, 7
         TOK_TABLE_OR_COL 1, 2,2, 7
           age 1, 2,2, 7
       TOK_SELEXPR 1, 5,10, 12
         TOK_FUNCTION 1, 5,8, 12
           count 1, 5,5, 12
           1 1, 7,7, 18
         value 1, 10,10, 21
     TOK_WHERE 3, 18,24, 10
       < 3, 20,24, 10
         TOK_TABLE_OR_COL 3, 20,20, 6
           age 3, 20,20, 6
         35 3, 24,24, 12
     TOK_GROUPBY 4, 27,31, 9
       TOK_TABLE_OR_COL 4, 31,31, 9
         age 4, 31,31, 9
     TOK_ORDERBY 5, 34,38, 9
       TOK_TABSORTCOLNAMEASC 5, 38,38, 9
         TOK_TABLE_OR_COL 5, 38,38, 9
           age 5, 38,38, 9

scala.NotImplementedError: No parse rules for ASTNode type: 287, text: 35 :
35 3, 24,24, 12
" +

org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveQl$.nodeToExpr(HiveQl.scala:1262)
           ;
     at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveQl$.createPlan(HiveQl.scala:262)
     at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.ExtendedHiveQlParser$$anonfun$hiveQl$1.apply(ExtendedHiveQlParser.scala:41)
     at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.ExtendedHiveQlParser$$anonfun$hiveQl$1.apply(ExtendedHiveQlParser.scala:40)

Did this happen to anyone already? Any hint on how to solve it?

Cheers,
Luis.

Re: Problem with tutorial and SQL queries

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Thanks for sharing the problem.

Could you provide your build command and configuration if possible?

Tutorial notebook supposed to work with default configuration.

Thanks!
moon