Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Robert R." <ro...@abv.bg> on 2011/04/19 15:59:07 UTC

trouble using qpid with msgstore on RHEL 5.6

Hello
I'm having headaches trying to run a 0.8 cpp broker with persistance on a
red hat server 5.6.
It dies with Segmentation fault in mrg::msgstore::MessageStoreImpl::init
when trying to dbenv->set_errpfx("msgstore").

The server it runs on has berkeley 4.5, but we built the msg store (0.8)
with berkeley 4.8 as we had problems with 4.5.
This worked on our CentOS 5.5 server (with export LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS), but
not on the RH server.

One strange thing I noticed when installing Qpid was that qpidd user was not
created on the RH (it was created on the CentOS server).
We're running all the build/install Qpid processes as root (doh).

Thanks for any info

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org