Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Valmir Macário <va...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/08 15:36:03 UTC

File system at a intranet

Hi all,

Is possible index some files in a shared folder in pcs connected at a
intranet? Some have idea of how i do that?

Thank you

Re: File system at a intranet

Posted by Robert Chevallier <rc...@freesurf.fr>.
Valmir Macário wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is possible index some files in a shared folder in pcs connected at a
>intranet? Some have idea of how i do that?
>

>Thank you

It is possible to crawl local file, but Nutch 0.7 has a bug for the file
protocol for crawling remote file (url looking like file://server/path/
equivalent in Windows to the UNC \\server\path\). I've found how to fix
it at least for Windows and I'm planning to propose a patch soon.

If your shared folders are accessed with another protocol (http, ftp),
you just have to configure nutch to use the appropriate protocol
plugins. see nutch-site.xml

Best regards,

Robert