Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Tahura Chaudhry <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/16 16:44:39 UTC

internationalization

I am writing an application which, given the context path and the XPath
expression, uses Xalan (version 2.6.2) to evaluate the expression.  If the
entered expression is incorrect, Xalan throws an exception whose friendly
string I'd like to display to the user.

I see that the org.apache.xpath.res contains the java source files
(XPathErrorResources.java) for different locales. The source files contain
strings that require internationalization.  The friendly strings as I
understood are also defined in the Java source files in this package.

My question is that if I intended to add support for a locale, would I write
the resource java source file for that locale and build it together with
Xalan.  Or is it possible for me to write this java file for the new locale
independently at some later time.

Is there any documentation explaining Internationalization support in Xalan?

thanks,
Tahura