Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Jo...@swisscom.com on 2023/03/28 06:44:13 UTC

Re: NiFi 1.19.1 Registry Nested Process Groups - Show Local Changes issue

Hi Bence

We still facing problems with the current NiFi v1.20.0 release and nested process groups. Would you mind having a look at the issue?

It seems that NiFi is not correctly stopping/starting the processors within the (nested?) PGs. As workaround we always stop the processors, do the NiFi registry update and start the processors again. Very annoying as we have HTTP listeners which stop answering in that period.

Cheers Josef

From: Zahner Josef, GSB-LR-TRW-LI <Jo...@swisscom.com>
Date: Tuesday, 13 December 2022 at 13:53
To: users@nifi.apache.org <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: NiFi 1.19.1 Registry Nested Process Groups - Show Local Changes issue
Hi Bence

I mentioned yesterday another issue which we thought would be solved after the upgrade steps. Sadly it happened again and after an investigation on our side it seems to be fully reproducible, I’ve opened a Jira Bugticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-10973 with more details. It’s as well related to NiFi Registry nested flows…

Thanks for taking care of it :-).

Cheers Josef

From: Simon Bence <si...@gmail.com>
Reply to: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Date: Monday, 12 December 2022 at 16:40
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>

Hi Josef,

Thanks for the quick update! Meanwhile I tried to reproduce this situation but based on the known facts I was not able (Note: without any version change). I think it is connected to the version change indeed, but if you face with this ever again, please let me know!

Regards,
Bence

On 2022. Dec 12., at 16:33, <Jo...@swisscom.com>> <Jo...@swisscom.com>> wrote:

Ok quick update on this. We investigated the changes on the *.snapshot files on NiFi Registry. It seems that it’s mainly caused due to the fact that the NiFi Version changes from 1.18.0 to 1.19.1 and some other facts caused due to the upgrade. After commiting all the child PGs once the “Show Local Changes” seems to behave as expected.
We have seen another issue caused only on the first commit of the child PGs on v1.19.1, however I’ll not mention them as I’m guessing that this is highly related to the last commits with the older NiFi version.

Cheers Josef

From: "Zahner Josef, GSB-LR-TRW-LI" <Jo...@swisscom.com>>
Date: Monday, 12 December 2022 at 14:44
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>

Hi guys

Sorry that I’ve to bother you again. We just upgraded to NiFi 1.19.1 due to the major issues with the NiFi Registry Client on NiFi 1.18.0.

The following issue still persists in the new version. Let’s say everything is up-to-date (parent and child PGs) from NiFi Registry perspective, now I do change eg. a label directly in the parent PG. I do see on that parent PG, that most likely every connection/service/processor has changed, even though I’ve changed only one single label size, please check the screenshot for NiFi Registry Client under “Show Local Changes”.

<image001.png>

Is this a cosmetical issue or do we have to worry about that (we had massive NiFi registry issue on NiFi 1.18.0) ? Because in theory it makes no sense to that NiFi tells that everything has changed if only one label changes.

Thanks in advance
Josef

Re: NiFi 1.19.1 Registry Nested Process Groups - Show Local Changes issue

Posted by Simon Bence <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josef,

There is a PR made by Mark takes care of this behaviour:  https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/7095

I hope this will fit to your needs! If there is something is going unexpected, please reply!

Regards,
Bence

Posted by Simon Bence <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josef,