Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim Bornholtz <ti...@prioritytech.com> on 2001/04/20 15:58:56 UTC

Fault must have a faultcode and Unable to resolve 'ns2'

Is there any way that someone could put together a quick note and get it
published on http://xml.apache.org/soap/faqs.html about the Faultcode
message and the ns2 message?  We seem to be getting several questions on
this per day and I think it would save people implementing this and the
people on this list a lot of time.

The faultcode message I'm referring to is:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]

and the unresolved ns2 message is:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Unable to resolve namespace
URI for 'ns2'.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable
to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'.]

Of course our standard response for these messages is to switch to a version
of Xerces *other* than 1.3.1

Thank you,
Tim Bornholtz
tim@prioritytech.com