Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Trunick <Jo...@SmartPrice.com> on 2003/03/17 20:58:39 UTC

Visit .finalize()

I was interested in running some code when the Visit object (session) is
timed out. I was considering overriding .finalize() on the Visit to handle
this, but is there some "Tapestry way" to do the same thing, maybe a little
cleaner?

Joel

RE: Visit .finalize()

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Using some of the features of Servlet API 2.3 you can more easily tell when
the sesson has expired and make your engine aware; you can subclass
SimpleEngine to invoke methods on the Visit when the session is expired.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components