Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David McTavish <dm...@SANDVINE.com> on 2003/02/03 20:10:38 UTC

RE: MergeProperties Task

The problem is that we have configuration files that we ship to our
end-customer, and we add ALOT of documentation via comments to allow the
user to understand what is going on. To append the new over-ride property to
the end, would have rendered the comments useless. That is why I built the
task, so that it would preserve user comments, and update the value
in-place. It is essentially a mixture between the replace and the concat
tasks.
Also, the merge task would copy user comments from the delta file to the
final configuration file provided the property did not exist.