Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Andrew Rapp <al...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/19 21:10:04 UTC

Automation App

I'm looking for a Java network framework that would allow me to
connect to a server on the internet, from behind a firewall and let the
server control
the calling process.  Basically I'm looking for a form of RMI, but
where server is initiating calls back to the client process, once the client connects.  I have no
ability to do port forwarding on the client's firewall.  Does JXTA support
this?  If not any suggestions?  Thanks,

Andrew

RE: Automation App

Posted by Gaston Dombiak <ga...@jivesoftware.com>.
Hey Andrew,

By no means this is an advertisement of Openfire. :) Openfire is an XMPP
server (real-time communication protocol based on XML) that uses MINA.
In XMPP you can use RPC or ad-hoc commands to control remote entities
(e.g. servers, clients, components, etc.). Clients usually connect to
XMPP servers on port 5222. Connections could be encrypted or
unencrypted.

Regards,

  -- Gato