Posted to user@drill.apache.org by YiyiHu <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2015/09/20 10:26:27 UTC

Channel Closed Issue on HBASE

Hi Community,

I've been seeing Channel Closed Exception while using drill JDBC with hbase for quite some time.
The hbase has around 90,000,000 records.The test query is simply "SELECT id, title  FROM documents LIMIT 10000000".

The exception only appears during concurrent submissions of the above query through JDBC.
In my test, there are 6 same concurrent running queries, and usually 2 - 3 of them will fail or get cancelled.
The program used independent threads, each of which handles its own JDBC connection.

The only configuration done on hbase storage is setting "hbase.regionserver.lease.period" and  "hbase.rpc.timeout" to a larger value to avoid scanner timeout exception.
Memory usage was monitored, all good.

What could be the possible reason of this ?

Many thanks !
Yy