Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Chiari Stefano <st...@italiaonline.it> on 2014/03/28 11:38:19 UTC

Scheduling Context configuration

Hi,
I had some problem setting up a brand new environment (on centos linux).
I was always getting this error, when starting up tomcat

ERROR org.quartz.impl.StdSchedulerFactory - Couldn't generate instance Id! org.quartz.SchedulerException: Couldn't get host name!

After some investigation (I'm new on quartz...  and syncope), I found out  this property

<prop key="org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId">AUTO</prop>

In  SchedulingContext.xml  and tried with a custom id (e.g. "syncope"), instead of default, as I've seen "auto" will lead quartz to retrieve the hostname and there was probably some misconfiguration on that host, and it worked!

My suggestion, if I may, is to set a custom id as a default or, as an alternative, to add a line in a doc, something like "be sure to correctly configure network address, reverse lookup or whatever"

Thank you,
Stefano

[cid:8D834243-5A94-4B3F-8277-E5147111797F]

        STEFANO CHIARI
        Platform and Development
        Information Technology

        M +39 331 604 3282

        ITALIAONLINE S.r.l.
        Via del Bosco Rinnovato 8
        20090 Assago (Mi)
        www.italiaonline.it<http://www.italiaonline.it/>
_______________________________
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
(Douglas Hofstadter)

Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen.
(Edward V. Berard)

[dont-print-email-small-green] Please consider the environment and don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

________________________________

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail potrebbero essere confidenziali e sono dirette unicamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. In caso di ricezione da parte di persona diversa ? vietato qualunque tipo di distribuzione o copia. Chi riceva questo messaggio per errore ? pregato di inoltrarlo al mittente e di distruggere questa e-mail.

This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient of this message, please note that distribution or copying of this communication is forbidden. Anyone who receives this communication in error should return it immediately to the sender and destroy the message.

Re: Scheduling Context configuration

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> On 28/03/2014 11:38, Chiari Stefano wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had some problem setting up a brand new environment (on centos linux).
>>
>> I was always getting this error, when starting up tomcat
>>
>> /ERROR org.quartz.impl.StdSchedulerFactory - Couldn't generate
>> instance Id! org.quartz.SchedulerException: Couldn't get host name!/
>>
>> After some investigation (I'm new on quartz...  and syncope), I found
>> out  this property
>>
>> <prop key="org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId">AUTO</prop>
>>
>> In  SchedulingContext.xml  and tried with a custom id (e.g.
>> "syncope"), instead of default, as I've seen "auto" will lead quartz
>> to retrieve the hostname and there was probably some misconfiguration
>> on that host, and it worked!
>>
>> My suggestion, if I may, is to set a custom id as a default or, as an
>> alternative, to add a line in a doc, something like "be sure to
>> correctly configure network address, reverse lookup or whatever"
>>

> HI Stefano,
> thanks for reporting.
>
> Why don't you add this as FAQ in [1]?

Done.