Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Teofilis Martisius <te...@mediaworks.lt> on 2001/07/19 18:25:10 UTC

Suggestions & questions

Hello,

I started using JMeter a few days ago, and I saw that some features are
missing.

First of all, the File Reporter. As it is now, it only logs the URL and the
miliseconds the page takes to load. Could it log for example HTTP error code,
so that I could see which of pages don't handle the test. Maybe a
multiple-select box of what should be logged should be put there? I thought
maybe I should contact the authors first before trying to implement these
features myself.

Second, what about some automatic (or half-automatic ways) to create test
sequences? As far as I saw in documentation, you have started writing some
proxy server? How much of it is done and how do I run it? (oops, i think
should have asked this on jmeter-users.)

Anyway, I have one more approach to automatic test creation- sniffing. In
fact, i have created a tool (non-java, using tcpdump and libpcap) that sniffs
the HTTP GET requests comming to server and then it is easy to convert them
to XML form understandable by JMeter with a small perl script. It is a crude
hack, but it has saved me a lot of work. I could send it to you, if you think
it could be of some use.

Teofilis Martisius