Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org> on 2022/06/09 15:42:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-alpha5 RC1

Dear Community,

In the last few month the following major features have been added:

  - Pluggable storages: ability to choose a specific storage for a
table (RocksDB based storage, Page memory persistent and in-memory
storage) with some known limitations.
  - Compute API (A simple remote job execution): The first phase of
Compute API design and implementation. Of course, with known
limitations.
  - Data colocation: The colocation key concept replaces the affinity
key concept. DDL introduces COLOCATE BY clause. Colocated job
execution.
  - Open API for the Ignite REST endpoints: A Specification to
generate a client for any language + auto-generated docs for REST API.
  - Ignite REPL: The Ignite CLI as a REPL with autocompletion and improved UX.
  - Cluster lifecycle: It introduces cluster initialization logic and
allows to specify cluster management and meta storage groups. Improved
node join protocol.
  - Local and distributed recovery: Now it is possible to restart a
cluster/node without data loss.
  - Data rebalance improvements (in progress and could be excluded
from the release), including dynamically changing the number of
partition replicas.
  - Robust client connection with seamless reconnection support and
retry policies.
  - Java API for SQL: A simplified API for executing SQL
queries on a cluster.

This is an important and interesting milestone and we should share the
current state
with the broader community. I propose to release 3.0.0 Alpha5 with the
features listed above.

Please vote.

---

Release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/3.0.0-alpha5-rc1/
Maven staging:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheignite-1551/
Git tag: https://github.com/apache/ignite-3/tree/3.0.0-alpha5-rc1

+1 - accept Apache Ignite 3.0.0-alpha5 RC1
 0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 3.0.0-alpha5 RC1 (explain why)

Voting guidelines: https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
How to verify the release: https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote will be open for 96 hours and will close on June 13th at 6:45pm
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20220613T1845&p0=352

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-alpha5 RC1

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Signatures - checked.
Examples - checked.
Build - checked.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alexander Polovtcev <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ткаленко кирилл <tk...@yandex.ru>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite 3.0.0-alpha5 RC1

Posted by Семён Данилов <sa...@yandex.ru>.
+1