Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> on 2012/02/08 12:03:29 UTC

Question regarding tooling while doing "svn merge"

Hi,

I make use of the following tool inside Eclipse to merge my revisions back
to the branches:

http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=MEuUjb&freeformpage=Merge%20Client

Are all O.K. with this or do you want me to make use of the Python script
mentioned here:

http://camel.apache.org/merging-commits-from-trunk-to-fixes-branch.html

Babak

Re: Question regarding tooling while doing "svn merge"

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

I confess I was really buffeled to see how handy it was to use the svnmerge
tool.

Having svn-client 1.6.x I use [1] on my Mac-Box. And while working on my
Windows-Box (svn-client 1.7.x) I make use of [2].

To me using this command-line-tool was much easier to backport instead of
the GUI-Tool I've already mentioned by this thread.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/svnmerge/svnmerge.py
[2] http://www.develer.com/~rasky/svnmerge.exe

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I recently found that tortoise svn also manages the properties for
merged and blocked revisions.
So that may be another option at least on windows.

Christian

Am 08.02.2012 13:57, schrieb Babak Vahdat:
> Hi Willem,
>
> thanks for your feedback, so I will try to find a working copy of that
> script and will make use of that from now on.
>
> Babak

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Question regarding tooling while doing "svn merge"

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Willem,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak,

svnmerge.py will set the svn properties with merged and blocked
reversion which can help us to trace if there is any patch which we
don't merged.
I'm not sure if the Eclipse merge tool can do the same thing.

On Wed Feb  8 19:03:29 2012, Babak Vahdat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I make use of the following tool inside Eclipse to merge my revisions back
> to the branches:
>
> http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=MEuUjb&freeformpage=Merge%20Client
>
> Are all O.K. with this or do you want me to make use of the Python script
> mentioned here:
>
> http://camel.apache.org/merging-commits-from-trunk-to-fixes-branch.html
>
> Babak

Willem