Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/23 17:31:06 UTC

branch for 0.10?

Should there be a branch-0.10 on GitHub? The current pom.xml on master is
referring to the 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT.

Deron

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
I wanted to do some building and testing of 0.10. Should I be doing that
against the master head?

Deron

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM, <du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, the 0.10 release candidate #1 has been tagged [1], so we should test
> against that.
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/releases/tag/0.10.0-incubating-rc1

Exactly, +1 to check out the tag and do any build related tests.

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by du...@gmail.com.
Also, the 0.10 release candidate #1 has been tagged [1], so we should test against that.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/releases/tag/0.10.0-incubating-rc1

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
If you want to build, feel free to either use the source distro or checkout
the RC1 tag.

I am watching the code, if folks start checking in too much, and
destabilize trunk, i can cut a branch from the tag and create new RCs from
there.

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fred and Luciano,

wrote:

> I'd say wait until we have a final 0.1.0 release candidate, then branch. I
> don't believe anyone has any open PRs that need to go into the trunk right
> away.
>
> Fred
>
> [image: Inactive hide details for Deron Eriksson ---05/23/2016 10:31:15
> AM---Should there be a branch-0.10 on GitHub? The current pom.x]Deron
> Eriksson ---05/23/2016 10:31:15 AM---Should there be a branch-0.10 on
> GitHub? The current pom.xml on master is referring to the 0.11.0-SN
>
> From: Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>
> To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
> Date: 05/23/2016 10:31 AM
> Subject: branch for 0.10?
>

> Should there be a branch-0.10 on GitHub? The current pom.xml on master is
> referring to the 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Deron

Re: branch for 0.10?

Posted by du...@gmail.com.
Also, once we do have the 0.10 branch and have officially released 0.10, let's all remember to push any bug fixes that we'd want for a 0.10.1 fix release to that 0.10 branch, in addition to the master branch. We'll need to set up some testing against that branch as well. It will make it trivial to cut and release 0.10.1 if needed.

Re: branch for 0.10?