Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2007/04/03 04:31:41 UTC

RE: maven-enforcer-plugin

Ok, a little more refactoring. The Custom rules can now get to the
ExpressionEvaluator so they can get pretty much anything a plugin could
get. The sites are updated to contain info about the standard rules and
the custom rule creation:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-enforcer-rule-api/index.html

I'll let this linger for a day or so and then call a vote if nothing
turns up.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
>More explicitly:

>[INFO] Used undeclared dependencies:
>[WARNING]    None

Ah, that's the dependency plugin. Yes I already fixed that but not
before it was staged and a vote called.

> I confused verify with validate so I'll change that. I thought you
could
> bind it to another phase if you want, but if you don't specify one, it
> will go with the mojo default?

>Perhaps, I have not yet tried...
I just double checked that you can override it. I'm not able to get the
plugin to work with validate or initialize, I'm not sure why. There
doesn't appear to be a common lifecycle between default and site, so
there's now way I can bind it to both by default, but a user could.

Re: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

RE: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 4/3/07, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> Ok, a little more refactoring. The Custom rules can now get to the
> ExpressionEvaluator so they can get pretty much anything a plugin could
> get. The sites are updated to contain info about the standard rules and
> the custom rule creation:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-enforcer-rule-api/index.html
>
> I'll let this linger for a day or so and then call a vote if nothing
> turns up.

- typo in the usage.html

</requireMavenVesion>  -> </requireMavenVersion>

- would there be a way to make sure the enforcer runs for every maven
invocation, not just in the default lifecycle ? E.g. mvn site doesn't
trigger the check.

- finally do we want to provide a report?
-- if so, we perhaps need to add a mechanism to allow the rule
information to be displayed (visitor pattern for the rule? description
in a particular place ? Auto-generated information ?)
-- would there be a way to make this report part of the project
information (not a 'usual' report)?

RE: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Ok I understand now. Lets punt alpha-1 and then we can play around with
various options to get this information. It will probably represent an
addition to the rule interface so it won't be intrusive (and if it is,
well it's alpha-1 ;-)  )

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Apr 3, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
>> Is it close to time for a release of 1.0-alpha-1 of this puppy yet?
>
> Getting there. I want to explore Jerome's comments about reports and a
> vistor pattern. I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it,
> but I'm
> not sure how a visitor would help here. We really are only
> interested in
> the message coming back. A report mojo could catch all the rule
> results
> and report them. Comments? What am I missing?
>
> I don't want to do a release until we can be relatively sure the
> interface for the rules won't change.

This is an 1.0-alpha-1 release... I don't see any harm in making one
right now, and then if needed an alpha-2 if something internal
changes dramatically.

I would like to use this plugin for all of the Geronimo builds... but
a few are going to be coming up for release soon, and well, until
there is a release of this I can't really use it for those projects.

I would like to see 1.0-alpha-1 go out very, very soon so that folks
can really start using it.

--jason

RE: maven-enforcer-plugin

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.