Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/10 06:28:35 UTC

Problem running FOP

Hi,
  I am using FOP 0.20.5 . When I apply an XSL to a XML
from command line, I get this error -
[ERROR]
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transfo rm.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Empty
expression!

Following is also the stack trace when I run FOP in
debug mode -

; Line#: 123; Column#: 33
; Line#: 123; Column#: 33

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Empty
expression! at

org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.error(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.initXPath(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at
org.apache.xpath.XPath.<init>(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.StylesheetHandler.createXPath(Unknown
                         Sour
                         ce)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.XSLTAttributeDef.processEXPR(Unknown
                         Sourc
                         e)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.XSLTAttributeDef.processValue(Unknown
                         Sour
                         ce)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.XSLTAttributeDef.setAttrValue(Unknown
                         Sour
                         ce)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.XSLTElementProcessor.setPropertiesFromAttr
                         ibutes(Unknown Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.XSLTElementProcessor.setPropertiesFromAttr
                         ibutes(Unknown Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.ProcessorTemplateElem.startElement(Unknown
                          Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.StylesheetHandler.startElement(Unknown
                         Sou
                         rce)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
                         Sour
                         ce)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unkn
                         own Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unkn
                         own Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
                         Dispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
                         known Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
                         Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Unknow
                         n Source)
                                 at

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Unkn
                         own Source)
                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.TraxInputHandler.initTransformer(TraxInputHandler
                         .java:105)
                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.TraxInputHandler.<init>(TraxInputHandler.java:84)

                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler.<init>(XSLTInputHandler.java:71)

                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineOptions.getInputHandler(CommandLineOpt
                         ions.java:479)
                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.<init>(CommandLineStarter.java
                         :78)
                                 at

org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineOptions.getStarter(CommandLineOptions.
                         java:522)
                                 at
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:61)

What is the problem with my environment?

Regards,
Mukul

RE: Problem running FOP

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Andreas,
  Thanks. The problem was with the stylesheet. I ran
Xalan on the XSL and XML, and I discovered the error.
I had put a statement <xsl:value-of select="" />,
which was causing "empty expression" error. Thanks for
the help.

Regards,
Mukul

--- "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>