Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kai Großjohann <ka...@gmx.net> on 2005/01/14 10:07:48 UTC

Deploy and undeploy web services, bypassing the server?

For security reasons, my colleagues would like to avoid using the
AdminService that's included with Axis.  A method would be desirable
that just reads the server-config.wsdd from disk, edits it as
described in the deployment/undeployment descriptor, then writes the
new file.

Is this possible?  How?

Kai

PS: I found the "-llocal://" method, but that does not appear to read
    the existing server-config.wsdd.  It seems to only write a new
    server-config.wsdd containing defaults.

Re: Deploy and undeploy web services, bypassing the server?

Posted by Mike Barton <mb...@allesta.com>.
Kai,

Have a look at WSABI, an open-source Axis administration tool.   It
provides a graphical interface for managing Axis deployments, including
the ability to manage wsdd files.

Some useful links:

Demo:  http://demo.wsabi.org/
Download:   http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsabi4axis
Road Map:  http://www.wsabi.org/

Mike

Posted by Brian Davis <br...@jmmventures.com>.
You could restrict what clients can access the AdminService to maintain
security (restrict to internal or certain IPs or whatever).

Brian Davis
Software Developer
JMM Ventures